The power of music!
Songs 4 a Cause is a Musicians for a Cause initiative to unite the music community with the nonprofit community to inspire support through the power of music.
We provide cause-inspired soundtracks to help with two of the main challenges nonprofits face: awareness and funding.
These soundtracks are free for nonprofits to use in creating campaigns for their organization. It’s our way of helping to make the world a better place. But our campaigns are only successful when organizations use them to inspire their community of supporters, so join a campaign and together we’ll make a better world through music!
Benefits of using music:
- Top-of-Mind Awareness – When supporters buy songs from you it brings your organization to mind every time they hear them.
- Promotes Sharing – Music gives people a reason to share your organization with their family and friends.
- Financial support – Buying music gives people a new way to support your organization, and they get to make an additional donation too.
- Easy Way to Engage First Time Donors – It gives every new visitor a reason to engage with your organization.
- Incremental Contributions – Many people who wouldn’t otherwise donate will gladly buy songs to offer support.
- Engaging Social Media Content – Gives supporters content they’ll interact with because of their affinity for your cause.
- Great Opportunity for a Full Campaign – It’s more than just a soundtrack for your cause. Set a goal and engage your supporters in sharing your songs to reach a specific goal.
Here’s how it works:
1. We have a national network of artists who want to make a difference with their music and they’ve all written songs inspired by causes that have touched their lives.
2. We use the best songs from these artists to create cause-inspired soundtracks.
3. We enable organizations to sell these soundtracks through a web store, using music to inspire support for their cause.
Any organization can use a soundtrack either for a specific campaign or for on-going use on their website or Facebook page. We provide a custom web-based store that’s as simple to use as adding a YouTube video. Read more…
I’ve created lots of successful campaigns in the business world, but none that made me feel like I was doing something rewarding. Then one day I decided that I wanted my work (life!) to have more meaning, so instead of creating campaigns for the company I worked for, I decided to create campaigns for causes I care about.
Through volunteering I realized that it’s very easy to get emotionally absorbed in all the need. I wanted to help everyone at whatever cost. I sincerely appreciate the dedication of those who work on the front line of any cause, day after day, but I realized that my place is in helping them by doing what I do best – creating campaigns. That’s how Musicians for a Cause came to be.
By leveraging my background in technology and my passion for music I bring artists and nonprofits together to create campaigns that leverage the power of music to inspire support. I hope you’ll join me in using music to make the world a better place. Sincerely, Dave Bastien Founder, Musicians for a Cause